Winston Products, LLC is a product innovation company that delivers a diverse portfolio of innovative brands including SmartStraps®, TowSmart®, CargoSmart®, Flat Cat® and SWOPT®. Our industry leading products range in application from cargo securing and cargo management solutions to heavy duty towing accessories for the retail market segment including the mass, home center, hardware and automotive channels.
Winston Products is seeking a Project Engineer to join our team and help us bring truly innovative products to the consumer market. This full-time position is located at our headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio.
The primary duties will include the design and development of new products and supporting and maintaining existing items in our portfolio of products.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Engineering, Sales, and Product Management to understand key deliverables for new and existing product and project initiatives.
- Assist in the development of product samples, prototypes and new product concepts.
- Work seamlessly with necessary departments including sourcing, marketing, and product management to assist in on spec, on cost, and on time product introductions.
- Conduct competitive landscape review of related products to ensure best design is achieved based on project scope and strategy.
- Help develop and organize design and engineering files in a system that can be easily accessed, shared and understood.
- Develop packaging solutions and product die-lines which showcase the product and its attribute/features in a way that achieves required merchandising needs at the point-of-purchase. Work directly with graphic design team to maintain product development deliverables.
- Prototype and test new products to ensure they will meet the key deliverables.
- Coordinate outside laboratory or third-party testing initiatives.
- Communicate product designs and requirements to the factories in a timely manner while maintaining product and project communication in parallel with sourcing and product management team members.
- Ensure all inbound PPAP or product pilot samples are reviewed, all product dimensions and packaging dimensions match specified drawings. Initiate changes where necessary, track changes to final issuance of PSA.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Design from an accredited institution and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field.
- Experience with 3D modeling software, preferably SolidWorks.
- Effective verbal and written communication, and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- A true desire to create innovative products to be offered to consumers globally.